We have posted some pictures from the new location (at the old Bleecker Street store). Be sure to look at the Photo page.
Also, we uploaded a diagram of the store layout. You can find it here.
Hello families! It’s here! We begin Receiving today!
Receiving (consignors bring their tagged items to be sold in the store)
Thursday, Jan. 31st | 5 – 8PM
Friday, Feb. 1st | 9AM – 1PM & 5 – 8PM
Saturday, Feb. 2nd | 9AM – 6PM
Monday, Feb. 4th | 9AM – 6PM
So, here is your checklist…
1. All items in “item number” order.
2. Inventory List without this, we cannot check you in. Go to: login, manage inventory, reports, inventory report, click on the arrow next to “items” to place your items in order with lowest number first, print report.
3. Seller’s Agreement: at the home page (if you’ve logged in, logout and go “home”). “consignors”, 2013 seller’s agreement [this is on our site, not the inventory. if you can’t find it, we will have some at receiving.]
4. Please remember bumbos were recalled…we cannot sell recalled items http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2012/Baby-Seats-Recalled-for-Repair-by-Bumbo-International-Due-to-Fall-Hazard/
5. Car seats must have an expiration date on them…we will not sell one with an expired tag or without a tag
6. For those who have large outdoor items or furniture, please use the “Garden Entrance” gate. It is to the left of the store.
7. Please make sure your clothing is on wire hangers and tagged correctly (tag on right shoulder as you look at garment on hanger)
8. For those who have less than 100 items Receiving takes about 20 minutes…plan accordingly. We have almost 20,000 sq. ft. of space…wear your walking shoes! Once we approve your inventory and have compared it to your inventory report, you will place your items on the sales floor. Be mindful to place your items in the correct spot…or it may not sell!
9. Please make sure your items are spring/summer. We will not accept Christmas dvd’s, mittens, winter hats, boots, etc.
10. DO NOT FORGET TO GET YOUR “GOLDEN TICKET”! After you have placed all your approved items on the sales floor, be sure to get your ticket to shop early!
Ok, I think that’s it for now! See you soon!
Renee and Dee
Again, wow…for our slow day, we sure were busy! Thanks again to our volunteers and our consignors. You ladies truly amaze me. We had some fantastic examples of kindness today. Our ladies were waiting so patiently and as they waited they helped our newbies with needed information. Thank you…you were such a blessing. You see, being next to Moe’s has brought many curious potential shoppers. Those waiting not only helped each other bring their items in, but they also explained when the public shopped and other details. So, we will need your help the next couple days. When you come in we ask that you have your items in item number order, your inventory report, and you may need to take a number. They are at the entrance door. During the check-in, you may place your items on the sales floor but we ask that you do not take time to look around. When we have those looking around it seems to bring those on the outside in…we had some who started shopping a bit early:). No worries, they understood and all your items are back in their place. Could those of you help us by making sure you place your items on the floor quickly (and correctly)? In doing so this helps make the table and rack available to the next consignor. We hope this will allow us to keep a closer eye on who is coming in (instead of who is shopping).
For those of you who have waited until this weekend to enter your items, please be mindful of your time. We do have some cardstock and pins at the store if you need some before you begin the entering. Cardstock is sold 10 for $1. Keep in mind that it helps greatly to sort your items by size and category first. Then enter your items into the computer. Remember that tagging is the most time consuming. Give yourself plenty of time to print, cut, pin, and keep everything in order. It will take longer than you think. We will not accept items that are not tagged and hung prior to entering the store.
We look forward to tomorrow…please know that we do our best to make receiving quick, but there is almost always a wait. Thanks again to the fantastic attitudes of our consignors today…really a pleasure!
Wow, thanks to our volunteers and our consignors tonight! Great job to you all!
Again, some reminders: Please park on the rows closest to Westover. Please use wire hangers. Please read and follow the tagging instructions under the Consignors page on the website. Please know we will answer your emails now each evening…we are at the store now. Receiving hours are located under the “dates/times” page on the website. PLEASE DO NOT USE A CHECK-IN TIME IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 175 ITEMS. You do NOT need a check-in time if you have less than 175 items. If you have registered for a check-in time and do not need it, please “deselect” your time so someone who needs it can have it. We have scheduled volunteers during those times to check-in those consignors with appointments so they do not stop our regular receiving line. It is for the good of All of Us if the check-in times are used for only those with 175+ items. Everyone else can come in ANYTIME DURING RECEIVING HOURS.
We have gone from a big empty store to a big store with a couple thousand items in it in less than 5 hours. We have many more hours ahead and thousands to go. So many great deals coming in! Can’t wait for you to see it!
Alrighty families! Here we GO!!!!
Please be mindful of Moe’s customers. We have the first 2 rows of parking as you enter…Moe’s has and needs the rest. We will be using the front door to enter and bring your items through. Please do not block the entrance.
So, here is your checklist…
1. All items in “item number” order.
2. Inventory List without this, we cannot check you in. Go to: login, manage inventory, reports (right side of screen at the bottom of the lower box), inventory report, print report.
3. Seller’s Agreement: at the home page (if you’ve logged in, logout). “consignors”, 2012 seller’s agreement [this is on our site, not the inventory. if you can’t find it, we will have some at receiving.]
For our newbies, it’s as simple as coming to the store at your convenience (during hours) with your items, list, and agreement. You will select a number if necessary, or just let us tell you which table and rack you may use. Load all your items on the table and rack in order. Let us check everything with your inventory report. Once we verify your items and let you know what we will accept, you will then place your items in their correct place on the store floor. It is over 15,000 square feet, so wear your walking shoes. After all your accepted items are out, you will get your “golden ticket” from the volunteer who checked you in. This ticket allows you entrance Monday night (the 13th) to shop. No ticket, no entrance. We recommend giving yourself 30 minutes for every 50 items, but this also depends on what you are bringing and when you bring it. We are busier Saturday and Monday.
For all of you, we are going to add a “layout” of the store under the “consignors” tab at the home page before tomorrow. This will give you an idea of what the store will look like for Receiving so you will know where your items will go. It will be rough, but hopefully helpful:).Finally, please know that “check-in” times are only necessary if you have entered 175+ items into inventory. We have scheduled extra volunteers during those times so that the consignors with hundreds of items to check in will not back up the flow of receiving. PLEASE do not sign up for a checkin time if you do not have 175 items or more. You may come in anytime! The wait has not been bad since we’ve begun doing this, so know that if you have 100 items and come in on Monday, the wait is still minimal! We do our best to honor your time. Now, that said, for those of you who will have to wait until this weekend to discover that you will have 175+ items on Monday and no appointment, know that your wait may be longer. Please be patient with us.
Ok, I think that does it for now. OH, if you have registered for a check-in appointment and do not have 175+ items, please click the “deselect” button. We may do this before you get to it so that the appointments are still available for tomorrow…don’t be surprised either way:).
So very excited! You have all been very busy! I’ll give you some numbers next email….